Deeper analysis will show you that, there are certain customers who are well-known in certain shopping outlets for three main reasons:
- They always want to keep up with the latest fashion trends
- They believe in being the first ones to buy from any new stock
- They buy in bulk
Shop owners love such customers, as they can make quick sales by having such a client base.In this article people who love shopping are referred to as “shopaholics”
These kinds of people:
- They have tendency to buy what they don’t need
- They prefer spending their time visiting different shops to see what’s on offer
- They are best known for always wanting to buy things in bulk
- Cannot do without any form of shopping per day.
- They always love it when other people acknowledge their new collection
- These people always want to stand out in a crowd
- Some of them rarely take time to clear their wardrobes or houses of what they no longer need.
- They love holding to stuff just for them to feel good about what they own.
- They can buy more that two items that are similar in design
The above features are what defines a shopaholic.
Being a “shopaholic” is not in any way different from being addicted to substances. As such it is better to avoid becoming addicted to shopping at all costs.This so because just the way alcoholics tend to divert all their earnings to alcohol,”shopaholics” also have the same tendency of diverting their earnings into shopping for items they could do without.
There are various strategies that one can use in life to avoid becoming a shopping addict. These include:
- Having a monthly budget for the required essentials
- Avoid going shopping accompanied by people who also love to shop without limits
- Not always wanting to buy in a specific shop.This will keep shop owners from calling you every time when they receive fresh stock
- Avoid spending a lot of money, by buying items such as clothes and shoes when they are no longer in fashion
- Avoid shopping online at all costs
- Endeavor to buy items using cash and not a credit card as this can keep you from falling into debts.
In case you already are a shopaholic, seek professional advice on how to develop proper shopping strategies. It is not wrong to seek help from friends and family members, especially those who can go with you shopping with the sole aim of keeping your shopping spree in check.
Next PagePrevious Page